Saturday, August 19, 2006

Home sweet home

Hello everyone, what’s up? Agu, 17 I got to my home safely. At first what I felt when I arrived at Narita Airport was high humidity. Year, I could say I was in Japan. The program was over. But there isn’t reality. I couldn’t help feel living with everyone continue forever. What was done? What are we going to do? And the following day I woke up at five. There aren’t friends around me. I wanna run to destruction! The chatter of cicadas existed. High humidity held me. Fast, fast! This is the time when I got the reality.
When I'm thinking of the start, which I decided to take part in, I can say it was quite a windfall for me. This is because I offered to participate in this program after the deadline. I hesitated to send up. I said to myself I have a lot of things to do, such as getting driver license, studying Japanese Constitution. This was only laziness. And the deadline came. Someone seemed to cancel after that. The chance had come. And then I applied to the program. After that I also have some worries. We didn't know each other very much. Can I get along with others?
But such anxieties are not needed. In the end, as you can see, these days are filled with a lot of smiles, walking, and talking with Laura, Tim, Ji won, Kevin, Nina, and so on. Great days!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ji Won said...

What's up Fumi?
hahahahah yes, the last two weeks were definitely fun. I can't believe it's been over for 4 days already! Your post reminds me of the time before I applied to this program. I didn't know exactly what to expect from the program, but in the end everyone ended up with nothing but fun memories and good experiences! Hope you're doing well in Japan. Talk to you soon, bro.

8/21/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Hi, Fumi, good to read your post. It sounds like the end of the program came as somewhat of a shock to you. It was the same for me. When I returned to the UM campus from the airport, I kept seeing AGUers, but then I realized it couldn't be, because you were all on the plane en route back to Japan! I felt very sad.

Your participation in AGU in America was obviously fated! Even though you did not apply before the deadline, you were still given a chance to participate. I'm glad you took that chance!

8/22/2006 6:30 AM  
Blogger Fumi said...

>Ji won
I'm fine! And you? Now I'm busy in doing exersize to be you, to get more strong body! (Does it make sense?)

>Nina
Yes, it's a fate, isn't it? I'll post a picture with you soon!

8/23/2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Kevin Dubblekat said...

Fumi, that's so cool that you've continued your blog. The pictures of Japan are super interesting for me. I'm curious. What language do you speak with the Taiwanese girls?


Not sure if I told you, but those snacks you gave me were fabulous. I shared them with my parents and now all of us have an even higher opinion of Japan.

Kevin

8/26/2006 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home